squid-3 + SqString

Adrian Chadd
Hi guys,

Could we please make a decision about SqString? I'm leaning towards
backing it out for now, releasing Squid-3, and then doing a phased
introduction post squid-3 - starting with just accessor method
changes..

Adrian

Re: squid-3 + SqString

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Could we please make a decision about SqString? I'm leaning towards
> backing it out for now, releasing Squid-3, and then doing a phased
> introduction post squid-3 - starting with just accessor method
> changes..
>

> Adrian

I was waiting on Alex (or anyones) response to my last email, before
going either way.

partial backout: proposal (no responses)
full backout: 3 for, 2 wavering with doubts, 1 abstention.

Re: squid-3 + SqString

Adrian Chadd
On Tue, May 29, 2007, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> I was waiting on Alex (or anyones) response to my last email, before
> going either way.

well, count this as a reply to your last email. :)

> partial backout: proposal (no responses)
> full backout: 3 for, 2 wavering with doubts, 1 abstention.

Personally, I think we've all learnt a bit from this experience, and
there's a clearer path forward for tidying up the string (ab)uses going
on in the codebase.

I'm all for calling this a lesson learnt, backing it out now, then
converting a few things to match the std::string interface - specifically,
the accessor methods for the c buffer and the length.

Adrian

Re: squid-3 + SqString

Henrik Nordström
mån 2007-05-28 klockan 23:17 +0800 skrev Adrian Chadd:

> Personally, I think we've all learnt a bit from this experience, and
> there's a clearer path forward for tidying up the string (ab)uses going
> on in the codebase.
>
> I'm all for calling this a lesson learnt, backing it out now, then
> converting a few things to match the std::string interface - specifically,
> the accessor methods for the c buffer and the length.

+1.

Until SQUID_3_0 is branched from HEAD.

Regards
Henrik

Re: squid-3 + SqString

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> mån 2007-05-28 klockan 23:17 +0800 skrev Adrian Chadd:
>
>> Personally, I think we've all learnt a bit from this experience, and
>> there's a clearer path forward for tidying up the string (ab)uses going
>> on in the codebase.
>>
>> I'm all for calling this a lesson learnt, backing it out now, then
>> converting a few things to match the std::string interface - specifically,
>> the accessor methods for the c buffer and the length.
>
> +1.
>
> Until SQUID_3_0 is branched from HEAD.
>
> Regards
> Henrik