squid and squidGuard redirect

Vieri
Hi,

I have this in my SG config:

acl {
default {
pass allowed !disallowed all
redirect http://squidserver/proxy-error/
}

From a LAN client browser I can access and display the page at http://squidserver/proxy-error/ (direct access).

However, when SG is triggered and should send that redirect to the client browser, the client times out after a while, and displays Squid's ERR_CONNECT_FAIL with squidserver's IP address in the details.

I don't see anything useful in both Squid and SquidGuard's logs.

What could I try?

Thanks,

Vieri

Re: squid and squidGuard redirect

Marcus Kool
Hi Vieri,

I suggest to replace squidGuard with ufdbGuard.
Then you can set
    ufdb-debug-filter 1
or
    ufdb-debug-filter 2  # very verbose
in ufdbGuard.conf and see exactly what happens.

Note that squidguard has no maintenance for over 5 years and ufdbGuard has regular maintenance.

Marcus