squid behind another proxy

lucas coudures
Hi Guys!

I'm writing down this email because i tried several times perform an
specific task with squid and i still not able to reach my aim.
I have a computer runing NTLM, another proxy with Micro$oft
authentication, i put a Squid behind this proxy and i cannot connect
to any internet web pages, i still recieving Time out message from any
web page that i'm trying to open. The only thing that i receive
besides this error message is the IP address for the page requested.

I got from some how-to a rule called cache-per and i set the followings option:

cache_peer xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx parent 3128 0 default no-query (I seted the
3128 port in the NTLM as well)

Also i tried with

cache_peer xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx sibling 3128 0 default no-query

and i received the same error.

Could you help in order to resolve this problem??? I don't know what
to do about it.

I will appreciate all your help.

--
-----------------------
Lucas Coudures

Registered Linux User #442566
Blog: http://lucas-coudures.blogspot.com/
Jabber: [hidden email]

Re: squid behind another proxy

Dieter Bloms
Hi,

On Sat, May 19, lucas coudures wrote:

> I got from some how-to a rule called cache-per and i set the followings
> option:
>
> cache_peer xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx parent 3128 0 default no-query (I seted the
> 3128 port in the NTLM as well)

did you have a line like:

never_direct allow all

to tell squid, it shall get all pages via the peers and not directly ?

--
Gruß

  Dieter

From field.