squid clientside_mark problem

morteza omidian
Hi
I installed squid4.3 in my linux OS,
when I configure squid with clientside_mark i get an error tells me this is not possible!!
I use this page-line75 as guidance for my configuration!!
 My configuration is:
acl MY_ACL clientside_mark 0x1
tcp_outgoing_mark 0x20 MY_ACL

What is wrong??

Re: squid clientside_mark problem

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
please don't post throgh yahoo's http gateway.
Theit plaintext formatting sucks.
try a mail client or other mail service.

On 14.10.18 15:18, morteza omidian wrote:
>HiI installed squid4.3 in my linux OS,when I configure squid with
>clientside_mark i get an error tells me this is not possible!!I use this
>page-line75 as guidance for my configuration!! My configuration is:acl
>MY_ACL clientside_mark 0x1 tcp_outgoing_mark 0x20 MY_ACL What is wrong??

apparently not configured with proper options.
which linux version is that?
Your mouse has moved. Windows NT will now restart for changes to take
to take effect. [OK]

Re: squid clientside_mark problem

morteza omidian
Hi
Witch options do i have to compile with to enable "clientside_mark"??

tank

On 16/10/18 8:06 PM, morteza omidian wrote:
> Hi
> Witch options do i have to compile with to enable "clientside_mark"??

Let me copy and paste the text from the ACL documentation page I
referenced you to read right at the beginning of these many splintered
discussion multi-thread(s).

Note the lines starting "Uses" and "Requires":

"
 acl aclname clientside_mark mark[/mask] ...

  # matches CONNMARK of an accepted connection [fast]
  #
  # mark and mask are unsigned integers (hex, octal, or decimal).
  # If multiple marks are given, then the ACL matches if at least
  # one mark matches.
  #
  # Uses netfilter-conntrack library.
  # Requires building Squid with --enable-linux-netfilter.
  #
  # The client, various intermediaries, and Squid itself may set
  # CONNMARK at various times. The last CONNMARK set wins. This ACL
  # checks the mark present on an accepted connection or set by
  # Squid afterwards, depending on the ACL check timing. This ACL
  # effectively ignores any mark set by other agents after Squid has
  # accepted the connection.
"

HTH

Re: squid clientside_mark problem

morteza omidian
Hi
Tank you for your reply.
I compiled Squid 4 with these Options and it works!:
./configure \
    --enable-linux-netfilter \
    --with-netfilter-conntrack

Tanx.