squid.config

Sérgio Vieira
Hello,
Regarding squid config file, on MacOS, I can’t add the following parameter:

strip_query_terms off

I can access the file and edit it, but after restart the file removes the added line...

I have the config file at /Users/sergiovieira/Library/Preferences

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Re: squid.config

Antony Stone
On Tuesday 13 August 2019 at 21:18:51, Sérgio Vieira wrote:

> Hello,
> Regarding squid config file, on MacOS, I can’t add the following parameter:
> strip_query_terms off
>
> I can access the file and edit it, but after restart the file removes the
> added line...
>
> I have the config file at /Users/sergiovieira/Library/Preferences

My first questions would be: How did you install Squid on this machine?  What
instructions did you follow?

That looks like a really unusual path to the squid.conf file to me, but then
again I don't use a Mac, so maybe it's entirely reasonable.

However, a bit more information would probably be helpful:

 - which version of OSX are you installing on?

 - which version of Squid are you installing?

 - as asked before, how are you installing it?

 - how do you start / stop the Squid process?

Regards,

Antony.

--
Schrödinger's rule of data integrity: the condition of any backup is unknown
until a restore is attempted.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Re: squid.config

Sérgio Vieira
Hello,

Regarding your questions:
- macOS Mojave 10.14.6
- Squid v4.0
- Instructions in the site mentioned above
- I use SquidMan

Why the changes in the config file don’t got permanent?

Thanks in advance.
Regards

On 14/08/19 9:11 am, Sérgio Vieira wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I followed the instructions on this
> site: https://howchoo.com/g/mwi3ntu1mjq/how-to-set-up-a-proxy-server-on-mac
>
> Regarding your questions:
> - macOS Mojave 10.14.6
> - Squid v4.0
> - Instructions in the site mentioned above
> - I use SquidMan
>
> Why the changes in the config file don’t got permanent?

It sounds like SquidMan is writing a new config file on each restart.

AFAIK you have to edit the "Template" file used by SquidMan to retain
any settings in the squid.conf the Squid gets handed.

If that template is what you are already editing (via the SquidMan UI?),
then it is probably a bug in SquidMan and you will need to contact the
author about that.