squid ftp list files problem

maurizio
Hello
I have a squid 4.14 version installed recently. I have a problem when we use that like ftp proxy(via port 21): when a client use that and try to
use the ftp command ls(list) in a directory with a lot files (in my test 250 files) the list command freezing(list partial list files).
I have tried with a very old proxy ftp(frox) and the list command doesn't free, it's return the list correctly.
Please, is it a bug or misconfiguration?
Thank you
Mau

Con Tiscali Mobile Smart 30 4G hai minuti illimitati, 100 SMS e 30 Giga in 4G a soli 8,99€ al mese. http://tisca.li/smart30

Re: squid ftp list files problem

Antony Stone
On Thursday 25 March 2021 at 12:53:09, maurizio wrote:

> Hello
> I have a squid 4.14 version installed recently. I have a problem when we use
> that like ftp proxy(via port 21): when a client use that and try to use the
> ftp command ls(list) in a directory with a lot files (in my test 250 files)
> the list command freezing(list partial list files).

Is this passive or active FTP?

> I have tried with a very old proxy ftp(frox) and the list command doesn't
> free, it's return the list correctly.
> Please, is it a bug or misconfiguration?

1. We don't know whether it's a misconfiguration until you show us your
configuration.

2. What is displayed in Squid's log files at the time this occurs?

Antony.

--
What do you call a dinosaur with only one eye?  A Doyouthinkesaurus.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Re: squid ftp list files problem

Matus UHLAR - fantomas

On 25.03.21 13:01, Antony Stone wrote:
>Is this passive or active FTP?

yes, this can be passive/port FTP issue.
It also can be an issue of PASV/EPSV and PORT/EPTR

on one proxy I've had this error I configured:

acl epsv_fail dst "/etc/squid/epsv-fail-servers"
ftp_epsv deny epsv_fail
ftp_epsv allow all

>> I have tried with a very old proxy ftp(frox) and the list command doesn't
>> free, it's return the list correctly.
>> Please, is it a bug or misconfiguration?
>
>1. We don't know whether it's a misconfiguration until you show us your
>configuration.
>
>2. What is displayed in Squid's log files at the time this occurs?
>

>Antony.
>
>--
>What do you call a dinosaur with only one eye?  A Doyouthinkesaurus.
>
>                                                   Please reply to the list;
>                                                         please *don't* CC me.

I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.

compile with ssl support

Majed Zouhairy
Peace,
as part of self developing, we decided that turning on sslbump + splice
is a good idea, so how to install squid with ssl support on tumbleweed?