squid5 build error

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

squid5 build error

joseph
latest debian and latest gcc in repo
squid-5.0.0-20170919-r478fb99.tar.gz
gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian 6.3.0-18)

any idea  or  its  some code need to be converted to work with latest gcc ??

gadgets.cc: In function ‘const ASN1_BIT_STRING*
Ssl::X509_get_signature(const CertPointer&)’:
gadgets.cc:960:25: error: invalid conversion from ‘ASN1_BIT_STRING** {aka
asn1_string_st**}’ to ‘const ASN1_BIT_STRING** {aka const
asn1_string_st**}’ [-fpermissive]
     X509_get0_signature(&sig, &sig_alg, cert.get());
                         ^~~~
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:50:0,
                 from ../../src/security/Context.h:16,
                 from ../../src/security/forward.h:13,
                 from ../../src/ssl/gadgets.h:13,
                 from gadgets.cc:10:
/usr/include/openssl/x509.h:552:6: note:   initializing argument 1 of
‘void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING**, const X509_ALGOR**,
const X509*)’
 void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING **psig,
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
gadgets.cc:960:31: error: invalid conversion from ‘X509_ALGOR** {aka
X509_algor_st**}’ to ‘const X509_ALGOR** {aka const X509_algor_st**}’
[-fpermissive]
     X509_get0_signature(&sig, &sig_alg, cert.get());
                               ^~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:50:0,
                 from ../../src/security/Context.h:16,
                 from ../../src/security/forward.h:13,
                 from ../../src/ssl/gadgets.h:13,
                 from gadgets.cc:10:
/usr/include/openssl/x509.h:552:6: note:   initializing argument 2 of
‘void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING**, const X509_ALGOR**,
const X509*)’
 void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING **psig,
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




--
Sent from: http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid-Users-f1019091.html
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: squid5 build error

Alex Rousskov
On 09/27/2017 07:57 AM, joseph wrote:
> latest debian and latest gcc in repo
> squid-5.0.0-20170919-r478fb99.tar.gz
> gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian 6.3.0-18)

Looks like an OpenSSL compatibility problem to me. Amos has fixed a
similar one recently but evidently that fix is not enough:
https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/commit/70cfe22f6f44316ad516135af38fb7b130034bd6

What is your OpenSSL (or equivalent) version?

Alex.


> gadgets.cc: In function ‘const ASN1_BIT_STRING*
> Ssl::X509_get_signature(const CertPointer&)’:
> gadgets.cc:960:25: error: invalid conversion from ‘ASN1_BIT_STRING** {aka
> asn1_string_st**}’ to ‘const ASN1_BIT_STRING** {aka const
> asn1_string_st**}’ [-fpermissive]
>      X509_get0_signature(&sig, &sig_alg, cert.get());
>                          ^~~~
> In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:50:0,
>                  from ../../src/security/Context.h:16,
>                  from ../../src/security/forward.h:13,
>                  from ../../src/ssl/gadgets.h:13,
>                  from gadgets.cc:10:
> /usr/include/openssl/x509.h:552:6: note:   initializing argument 1 of
> ‘void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING**, const X509_ALGOR**,
> const X509*)’
>  void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING **psig,
>       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> gadgets.cc:960:31: error: invalid conversion from ‘X509_ALGOR** {aka
> X509_algor_st**}’ to ‘const X509_ALGOR** {aka const X509_algor_st**}’
> [-fpermissive]
>      X509_get0_signature(&sig, &sig_alg, cert.get());
>                                ^~~~~~~~
> In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:50:0,
>                  from ../../src/security/Context.h:16,
>                  from ../../src/security/forward.h:13,
>                  from ../../src/ssl/gadgets.h:13,
>                  from gadgets.cc:10:
> /usr/include/openssl/x509.h:552:6: note:   initializing argument 2 of
> ‘void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING**, const X509_ALGOR**,
> const X509*)’
>  void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING **psig,
>       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: squid5 build error

joseph
OpenSSL 1.1.0f  25 May 2017



--
Sent from: http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid-Users-f1019091.html
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: squid5 build error

joseph
In reply to this post by Alex Rousskov
i gess this patch you post i did befor patch it
and the problem is conversion lol   please re check

gadgets.cc: In function ‘const ASN1_BIT_STRING*
Ssl::X509_get_signature(const CertPointer&)’:
gadgets.cc:960:25: error: invalid conversion from ‘ASN1_BIT_STRING** {aka
asn1_string_st**}’ to ‘const ASN1_BIT_STRING** {aka const
asn1_string_st**}’ [-fpermissive]
     X509_get0_signature(&sig, &sig_alg, cert.get());
                         ^~~~
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:50:0,
                 from ../../src/security/Context.h:16,
                 from ../../src/security/forward.h:13,
                 from ../../src/ssl/gadgets.h:13,
                 from gadgets.cc:10:
/usr/include/openssl/x509.h:552:6: note:   initializing argument 1 of
‘void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING**, const X509_ALGOR**,
const X509*)’
 void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING **psig,
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
gadgets.cc:960:31: error: invalid conversion from ‘X509_ALGOR** {aka
X509_algor_st**}’ to ‘const X509_ALGOR** {aka const X509_algor_st**}’
[-fpermissive]
     X509_get0_signature(&sig, &sig_alg, cert.get());
                               ^~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:50:0,
                 from ../../src/security/Context.h:16,
                 from ../../src/security/forward.h:13,
                 from ../../src/ssl/gadgets.h:13,
                 from gadgets.cc:10:
/usr/include/openssl/x509.h:552:6: note:   initializing argument 2 of
‘void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING**, const X509_ALGOR**,
const X509*)’
 void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING **psig,





--
Sent from: http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid-Users-f1019091.html
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: squid5 build error

joseph
just note i gess   its  the gcc v   6.x  and 7  strictly



--
Sent from: http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid-Users-f1019091.html
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: squid5 build error

Amos Jeffries
Administrator
In reply to this post by joseph
On 04/10/17 03:08, joseph wrote:
> i gess this patch you post i did befor patch it
> and the problem is conversion lol   please re check
>

Not sure what you mean by that. The fix is in git master branch and
snapshots since Aug.

Amos
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: squid5 build error

joseph
amos i do use your patch and i get that error

here is my configure and i use debian 9.x  with gcc 7 now

libtool: compile:  x86_64-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../..
-I../../include -I../../lib -I../../src -I../../include
-I/usr/include/openssl -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wcomments
-Wshadow -Woverloaded-virtual -Werror -Wno-deprecated-register -pipe
-D_REENTRANT -std=c++11 -m64 -O3 -march=native -MT gadgets.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/gadgets.Tpo -c gadgets.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/gadgets.o
gadgets.cc: In function ‘const ASN1_BIT_STRING*
Ssl::X509_get_signature(const CertPointer&)’:
gadgets.cc:960:25: error: invalid conversion from ‘ASN1_BIT_STRING** {aka
asn1_string_st**}’ to ‘const ASN1_BIT_STRING** {aka const
asn1_string_st**}’ [-fpermissive]
     X509_get0_signature(&sig, &sig_alg, cert.get());
                         ^~~~
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:50:0,
                 from ../../src/security/Context.h:16,
                 from ../../src/security/forward.h:13,
                 from ../../src/ssl/gadgets.h:13,
                 from gadgets.cc:10:
/usr/include/openssl/x509.h:552:6: note:   initializing argument 1 of
‘void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING**, const X509_ALGOR**,
const X509*)’
 void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING **psig,
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
gadgets.cc:960:31: error: invalid conversion from ‘X509_ALGOR** {aka
X509_algor_st**}’ to ‘const X509_ALGOR** {aka const X509_algor_st**}’
[-fpermissive]
     X509_get0_signature(&sig, &sig_alg, cert.get());
                               ^~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:50:0,
                 from ../../src/security/Context.h:16,
                 from ../../src/security/forward.h:13,
                 from ../../src/ssl/gadgets.h:13,
                 from gadgets.cc:10:
/usr/include/openssl/x509.h:552:6: note:   initializing argument 2 of
‘void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING**, const X509_ALGOR**,
const X509*)’
 void X509_get0_signature(const ASN1_BIT_STRING **psig,
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At global scope:
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option
‘-Wno-deprecated-register’ [-Werror]
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
Makefile:846: recipe for target 'gadgets.lo' failed
make[3]: *** [gadgets.lo] Error 1
===============================
NAME=squid
PREFIX=/usr
FLAGSC11="-std=c++11 -m64 -O3"
FLAGSC="-m64 -O3"
CHOST="x86_64-linux-gnu"
./configure \
--prefix=${PREFIX} \
--bindir=${PREFIX}/bin \
--sbindir=${PREFIX}/sbin \
--libexecdir=${PREFIX}/lib/${NAME} \
--sysconfdir=/etc/${NAME} \
--localstatedir=/var \
--libdir=${PREFIX}/lib \
--includedir=${PREFIX}/include \
--datadir=${PREFIX}/share/${NAME} \
--infodir=${PREFIX}/share/info \
--mandir=${PREFIX}/share/man \
--enable-storeio=ufs,aufs,diskd,rock \
--enable-removal-policies=lru,heap \
--enable-linux-netfilter \
--enable-wccpv2 \
--enable-http-violations \
--enable-eui \
--enable-esi \
--enable-follow-x-forwarded-for \
--enable-arp-acl \
--enable-htcp \
--enable-cache-digests \
--enable-auth-negotiate=none \
--enable-storeid-rewrite-helpers \
--enable-ssl-crtd \
--enable-inline \
--enable-external-acl-helpers=none \
--enable-zph-qos \
--with-pthreads \
--enable-kill-parent-hack \
--with-openssl \
--with-default-user=proxy \
--with-logdir=/var/log/${NAME} \
--with-pidfile=/var/run/${NAME}.pid \
--with-filedescriptors=200000 \
--enable-snmp \
--enable-x-accelerator-vary \
--enable-delay-pools \
--enable-epoll \
--enable-translation \
--enable-icap-client \
--enable-ecap \
--enable-useragent-log \
--host="${CHOST}" \
CFLAGS="${FLAGSC}" \
CXXFLAGS="${FLAGSC11}" \
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/openssl \
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig



--
Sent from: http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid-Users-f1019091.html
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: squid5 build error

Amos Jeffries
Administrator
On 04/10/17 22:45, joseph wrote:
> amos i do use your patch and i get that error
>

Are you running bootstrap.sh after applying? It depends on changes to
the autotools build system, so has no effect if you just apply it and
rebuild older code.

Amos
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: squid5 build error

joseph
Amos Jeffries wrote

> On 04/10/17 22:45, joseph wrote:
>> amos i do use your patch and i get that error
>>
>
> Are you running bootstrap.sh after applying? It depends on changes to
> the autotools build system, so has no effect if you just apply it and
> rebuild older code.
>
> Amos
> _______________________________________________
> squid-users mailing list

> squid-users@.squid-cache

> http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users

sorry i tough i did  :( first time i dont use the bootstrap.sh  wen change
made to the  configure.ac
or related

tks :)



--
Sent from: http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid-Users-f1019091.html
_______________________________________________
squid-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squid-cache.org/listinfo/squid-users