time error problem

Alex Gutiérrez Martínez

Hello everyone, i have an ubuntu 14.04 configured for time zone "Havana" on meridian -5. But when i get an error page on my squid, for whatever reason, it puts the time zone as if it were in meridian 0. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance

--
Saludos Cordiales

Lic. Alex Gutiérrez Martínez

Re: time error problem

On 22/09/17 00:50, Alex Gutiérrez Martínez wrote:
> Hello everyone, i have an ubuntu 14.04 configured for time zone "Havana"
> on meridian -5. But when i get an error page on my squid, for whatever
> reason, it puts the time zone as if it were in meridian 0. Any idea why?

Because the Internet runs on UTC not your local timezone.
Error pages are sent to anyone trying to access your proxy regardless of
location (eg denying external access through it).